Monday, April 2nd at 1pm ET
In this live broadcast, you’ll learn…
- My go-to technique or identifying your audience, so you can get off the content hamster wheel and connect with your reader authentically and with integrity.
- How to identify your core message as a writer, so your platform has focus and intention.
- Who your ideal reader is so you can envision that person while you write and revise your book, and…
- How to identify actual potential readers because imaginary readers don’t buy books.
- What the Breadcrumb Technique is and how to use it to research your potential readers, so that even if you have no platform, you can “borrow readers from more established writers.
What are you waiting for?
Sign up now and you’ll get a an instant cheat sheet download,
plus email updates about the live broadcast.
When: Monday, April 2nd at 1pm ET
Gabriela Pereira is the Instigator of DIYMFA.com, the do-it-yourself alternative to a Masters degree in writing. While undercover as an MFA student, she invented a slew of writing tools of her own and developed a new, more effective way for writers to learn their craft. She dubbed it DIY MFA and now her mission is to share it with the world. Teaching at conferences and online, Gabriela has helped hundreds of writers get the MFA experience without going to school. She also hosts DIY MFA Radio, where she recreates the MFA speaker series in podcast form.
Before becoming a writer, Gabriela has done lots of wild and nerdy things like: playing violin at Carnegie Hall, singing madrigals in full Renaissance garb, designing toys for kids ages toddler to tween, and taking applied topology and number theory “just for kicks.” Despite her varied interests, Gabriela’s main passions have always been teaching and design. Now at DIY MFA she can bring these two elements together. Her favorite thing to do is come up with new dastardly plans and innovative resources for writers.
Bestselling author Patrcia Loofbourrow is developing a site called Felony Fiction where you can discover new sleuths, spies, and serial killers. The site is currently under construction, but will go live on May 1st with a wonderful book fair on the front page.
How Can I Participate?
Join now to get updates. Site launches on May 1st & sign ups close April 15th, so act now!
IN SEARCH OF THE NEXT BESTSELLER…
Elimination round will end on May 15, 2018 and entrants who will progress to the Final Round will be notified. One winner will be announced on June 15, 2018.
Join the competition: BREAKTHROUGH NOVEL AWARDS 2018
Could your manuscript be the next bestseller?
A Special event with Author Joanna Penn
Are you a work in progress?
How do you balance ambition and contentment?
As an author what is success to you?
What makes you happy?
Do you need external validation to measure success?
Tell me in the comments!!
Check out my new site just for audiobooks at AudioSpy
Get ready for Mystery Thriller Week 2018!
Don’t be a stranger
In fiction, three is a magic number: Three-Act Structure, Beginning-Middle-End, Three Plot Points, and Goal-Conflict-Resolution. Three is everywhere and must be grappled with by authors at every turn.
Mystery Thriller Week celebrates this intriguing phenomenon of three and invites you to submit a 300-word hook that will showcase your flexed writing muscle. A hook is what grabs the reader and snares him into reading the rest of a book. While there are many hooks throughout a book, this contest will focus on what should be the first page of a novel.
We want to read your best Write Hook! Enter Below!
- 1st place winner receives written professional feedback of their 300-word submission and their choice of a Writer’s Craft series e-book from Rayne Hall, and an eBook Cover Design and Kindle Formatting from Eeva Lancaster, owner of The Book Khaleesi, and publication of their Write Hook submission on the Mystery Thriller Week website;
- 2nd place winner receives their choice of a Rayne Hall Writer’s Craft Series e-book and a Mystery Thriller Week 2017 limited edition T-shirt, and publication of their Write Hook submission on the Mystery Thriller Week website;
- 3rd place winner receives their choice of a Rayne Hall Writer’s Craft Series e-book and a Mystery Thriller Week 2017 limited edition book bag, and publication of their Write Hook submission on the Mystery Thriller Week website.
Continue reading “CONTEST IS CLOSED / MTW Write Hook – Contest Rules”
Mystery Thriller Week 2017 has a surprise for you when all the hard work of NaNoWriMo screeches to a halt and is a distant memory. A completely free online MTW scheduled for February 12th – 22nd next year will help keep you motivated to crank out that final Work In Progress you started in November. This is your personal ticket for a unique opportunity to connect with both new and award-winning published authors, writing specialists, story coaches, editors, publishers, bloggers focused on reviewing books, vloggers, podcasters promoting the craft of writing, filmmakers, and numerous fans itching to learn more about the Mystery Thriller genre.
Continue reading “#NANOWRIMO2016 Writers Sought”